A ONE DAY SHOWCASE TOUR OF THE NORTH EAST HIGHLANDS.
WHAT WE SAY: Guests are always mesmerised by the scale of the views on this tour. The horizon is always a long way off in the distance, ringed by mountains, threaded by rivers and enveloped by the domed sky. We traverse the desolate Glen Loth and stop to admire the vista from more than one thousand feet above the valley floor – magical!
There’s a wealth of wildlife and human history too, but you have to know where to find it all. We often have a picnic in the footprint of a 3000 year old roundhouse whilst we scan the landscape looking for surprises!
This tour has something for everyone, no wonder it is such a hit with our guests. Invest a day of your holiday and we will show you the best of what the Highlands has to offer.
To view more photographs like those below, visit our North Coast Explorer Photo Albums and enjoy the views.
● Baile An Or – site of ‘The Town of Gold’
● Kinbrace Iron Age Village – the remains of a 3000 year old farmstead
● Loth Viewpoint – sweeping views along the Strath of Kildonan
● Kirk of Kildonan – central to the story of the Highland Clearances
● Gunn’s Leap – hear the tale of the ill fated Henry Gunn
● Coille Na Borgie – Neolithic burial tombs
● Forsinard Nature reserve and viewing tower – ideal place to spot wildlife
● Straths Naver & Kildonan – picturesque river valleys
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
We can customise the content of this tour to reflect your personal preferences.
Pick up and drop off can be from any point on this route. We are happy to pick up and drop off at locations not on the route but this may affect the time dedicated to your tour.
Standard pickup is 9.00 am and drop off is 5.30 pm.
See our terms and conditions for additional information.
*** Please contact us for our latest prices ***
To book a tour, visit our Tour Availability page, drop us an email at email@example.com or call us on 01847 851852.