We were visitors to the North Highlands long before we became residents. Our love for the landscape, culture and heritage pulled us back year after year until we could resist no more. We relocated to Caithness in 2013 and created what would become the only 5 Star private tour company located in the North Highlands .
Now, our knowledge and passion for the region are yours to enjoy as part of our tailored chauffeured tours – designed just for you.
Robert’s passion for the North Highlands is brought to life when he is sharing his knowledge with others. His long-term interest in history and genealogy now seamlessly mixes with local folk tales and clan histories. Add to this his love of the north coast landscape and photography, and he’ll provide you with an enjoyable and informative insight into the North Highlands.
Robert is trained by the University of the Highlands & Islands and accredited as a North Highland Tourist Guide by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association. He is also studying for a BA (Hons) degree in History, Heritage and Culture of the Scottish Highlands.
SETTING THE STANDARD FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW
• All of our tours are bespoke and individual to you.
• A maximum group size of 4 people ensures a truly personal experience.
• Our premium 4×4 driven by your Guide, will take you to sites inaccessible to other tour companies.
• Experience locations in a truly immersive manner via the ‘Sky Explorer’, our flying camera (see the NEWS & OFFERS page).
• Our tours are independently assessed and quality rated as 5 Star by Visit Scotland.
“We had the most fantastic time exploring royal connections, ancient burial mounds (from the inside!), castles, old WW2 radar stations, lighthouses and of course the beautiful scenery. Rob brought the area alive, from the past to the present. There is so much more to the area than John O’Groats and Rob’s knowledge and enthusiasm were truly infectious. (Gavin, Newcastle UK)
Now just sit back, relax and become a North Coast Explorer!
We look forward to meeting you!
Robert & Sally-Ann James