A FOUR DAY TOUR OF 5000 YEARS OF HUMAN HIGHLAND HISTORY.
WHAT WE SAY: The Highlands are renowned for their unspoilt beauty but what is less well known is that the landscape harbours an unrivalled collection of sites of national historical importance.
On this tour we will accompany you on a time traveller’s journey starting around 3500BC and taking you right into the modern era. We will visit ancient burial tombs, mysterious stone circles, Viking battle sites, ruined medieval castles and the deserted villages of the Highland Clearances.
The last 200 years have also contributed greatly to the development of the region and we will go exploring for abandoned World War Two camps and investigate the boom and bust of the fishing industry too.
Click on the images above to enlarge them.
To view more photographs, visit our North Coast Explorer Photo Albums and enjoy the views.
● Portmahomak – the site of a Pictish monastery
● Dunrobin Castle & Museum – ancestral home of the Duke of Sutherland
● Camster Cairns – Neolithic burial tombs
● Whaligoe Steps – breathtaking Victorian rock cut steps and fishing station
● Burifa Radar Station – hilltop RAF station of World War 2
● The Farr Stone – a carved symbol stone of the Picts
● Rosal Village – cleared of people in 1814 and now a ruin
● Kinbrace Hut Circles – Bronze Age hut circles with impressive views
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
We can customise the content of this tour to reflect your personal preferences.
Pick up and drop off is typically at Inverness Railway Station, Inverness Airport or any point on the route.
Standard pickup is 9.00 am and drop off is 5.30 pm.
See our terms and conditions for additional information.
*** Please contact us for our latest prices ***
To book a tour, visit our Tour Availability page, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01847 851852.